Editing screenshots and further analysis

04:36:00 Drew Anderson 0 Comments

Below are the images from the editing process. The entire edit took around 3 and a half straight days mainly because of the high quality 1080p footage as well as the conversion of 24fps to 60fps for shots with slow motion. Every single shot required careful consideration of what would work effectively and how it would link to the overall video as a whole. I often found myself watching the video from the beginning to the end just to get an overall feel for how the edit was going and to try and make sense of the narrative from another person's perspective. Also, I frequently messaged the members of the team to gain their thoughts and receive their feedback. Throughout the editing process I was constantly referring to other successful cinematography and short films on sites such as Youtube and Vimeo. This really helped me create this film look and understand the process from an editors perspective. I was constantly looking for these techniques from these films and music videos such as cut aways, cross dissolving, overlays, colour grading and text - all of which I think I have successfully combined in the end production. In addition, I also switched between both after effects and premiere pro. I used premiere for the editing and clipping of the footage and after effects mainly for the animation parts, film grain and sometimes the colour grading (such as adding a vignette and adding key frames to automatically change visual elements: opacity, position, rotation). I think this gives a small insight into the editing process which did require the energy of all members of the team and external references from other medias and people's opinions. It is the small details which I think make our music video as well as the sheer level of research, planning and location scouting that largely benefited the video and contributed to its successful outcome.








0 comments: